Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Night in the Museum


Yes, really, Night in the Museum. I watched it last night. Without little people in the house I have missed so many good children's and family movies. While visiting my daughter in DC a few weeks ago I saw a bus drive by with Night in the Smithsonian on the side. A message with wheels. So I followed through and really enjoyed this movie.
One of my favorite books is From the Mixed Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankenwiler. Another night in a museum. This time in the Metropolitan. While in New York earlier this summer I had a quick trip through the Metropolitan Museum. I was continually reminded of the book and the children hiding in a sarcophagus.
A nice romp, as they say. A romp through the museum.

5 comments:

  1. One of my favorite shows growing up was the episode or movie from sesame street where they go to the met. must be a in my blood

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I loved the Mixed Up Files...! I think I'll read it again.

    Fun painting, Beth. Thanks for your comments on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny, this book came up today at coffee when somebody was talking about staying in the Houston Galleria. Their 27 year old son commented it was like the Mixed Up Files..how books affect us. Realist are you going to the Book show in DC this weekend? I want to do that one year....xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had not thought of that book in years! It was also one of my favorites. Thanks for the memories!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this piece - but interestingly, the first time I saw it, I did not see the birds! I saw columns, as if you are looking up into the sky near columns.... hmmm....I wonder if this means something. Nanci

    ReplyDelete