Monday, September 28, 2009

Home's not merely four square walls, home is where affection calls.




I have moved back to my home studio. I thought it would be apropos to have a photo of where I will be working, but it is a jumble of chairs, paintings, supplies, and projects I am working on. Instead here are some of the unmentioned reasons I returned. A great view, when it is tamed, of my studio garden. A bleeding heart vine, one of the things that is happy to reside in the steamy out of doors, a gift from our French friend, Herve. And as most artists tend to have, a studio cat, Harold. His ancient friend, Scratch is not up for a portrait session after celebrating her 19th birthday yesterday with her boy who is away at college. I will follow up with the way the studio would look if nobody did any work in here. Oh merde, an ant crawling on my neck from our brief photo shoot outside. FLORIDA!

4 comments:

  1. Welcome home, Beth! I can empathize with you. This week I have plans to clean my studio. It is a disaster and I am not quite sure where to start. I can be so organized around the house, but my studio space that occupies about 700 sq ft gets away from me. I thought I would always have plenty of space and lots of storage, but I sure got that one wrong. Good luck with settling in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the view of the garden! I wish I could have a "studio cat" but I am so allergic! Enjoy being home. It will be fun to see the work that comes out of your return.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great view, tamed or not. I look forward to seeing how your projects progress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the very sweet comments and encouragement.

    ReplyDelete