Wednesday, February 22, 2012

The Rooster Review

As you may recall here is rooster number one from the first day of class. By the way, our esteemed instructor, Pat Hobaugh has named him Milton. This was a study I did for position and colors.
This was the value study on a larger 16"x 20" canvas.
Here is Mr. Mardi Gras himself, some purple, green and gold. My New Orleans roots must be showing, as anyone from there can tell you,"purple, green and gold go together". Hmm really? Just not in the real world, but who said New Orleans was the real world?
The latest installment of our class still life. Calming the colors somewhat with a more lifelike palette. There will be more to come on Milton and his flowers.

This weekend I am attending a conference of The Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators, here in Atlanta. I am really looking forward to the opportunity to hear words of wisdom from professionals in the field. I have used a lot of ink and paper printing 8" x 10" images of my work to fit in a small leather book. There will be a portfolio review which I am taking advantage of. A little feedback is always helpful and hopefully some direction as to where to turn my efforts next.

Children's books or galleries? As always, stay tuned I like seeing you here. Thank you and have a peaceful and safe week.

No comments:

Post a Comment