Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Little Queenie

A New Orleans friend of mine posted something about the singer Lil Queenie so with that in mind I thought,"go ahead." Having had a great aunt, a pony, and a dog named Queenie I figure the name is there to be shared. Putting together the new Queenie was a way to relax while I am in the midst of a big graphic design project.

To make your own "Little Queenie":
1. Paint, gesso and texture small stretched canvas.
2. Create a character from random lines.
3. Cut out said character and decorate the clothing, draw a face, enjoy this. Let the shapes direct your brain instead of trying to impose what you think is right.
4. Using modge podge adhere figure and background details to canvas.
5. Find a pithy quote to describe your creation. Print or write and attach to piece.

4 comments:

  1. I just LOVE the way you collaged this--very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth, I keep thinking about "Little Queenie". I saw her the other day at work during a break and she is sticking with me. Do you think she could be a character in a story not yet told??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm. Now that is a good idea, another way to branch out. Thank you Diane and Hannah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello. thanks for stopping by my blog. I see you had a wonderful connection to 'queenie' in your piece- colorful - and I am sure brought back memories.

    ReplyDelete