Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Spare me



The lack of a/c in our house especially in my studio is giving everything a heavy feel. Clothes feel heavy, food feels heavy, dark paintings feel heavy, paint feels heavy. The spare lines from the weekend sketches at Lake Eola are what I am feeling today. The man's profile and the woman and her camera, quick gesture type drawings with a brown gelly roll pen...still love those things. So spare us the Florida heat without air conditiong. This reminds me of the post I made right after the lightning strike. It went something like this...at least we have electricity and therefore air conditioning unlike the days following the hurricanes of years past. Spare me.

2 comments:

  1. Wish I could send you a cool breeze, but it is over 100° here. I love the brevity of your sketches. They definitely capture the lightness you crave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Marianne. I think we are all roasting!

    ReplyDelete